No feltboard, no worries!

Before the FeltBoard app, I had to create my own felt board.  Way back when I was a broke graduate student, I went to a craft store and dollar store and then I had a felt board!
What did I get at the dollar store?  I plastic tray!  You could probably "borrow" one from a school cafeteria or find the cheapest one possible.  I recommend finding one that isn't that deep.

Then, I found this felt material from Michaels.  I measured it against my tray and cut it accordingly.  I used a hot glue gun (borrowed from art teacher) to attach the tray.  Let it dry and then you are done!  I use this all the time!!  On my board now you can see some summer pictures for a story telling activity.  I attach my pictures and visuals using Velcro.  Felt boards can be extremely expensive, this one has lasted me many years!  I could probably fix up some ends and reattach with glue gun but it is still working!

Can you use this easy craft in your therapy rooms?!

Ways I have used it:
  • Posted strategies or visuals
  • Sequencing cards for storytelling
  • Picture choices for vocabulary or recalling activities
  • Matching games
  • Fingerplays and number games
  • Visual schedules
  • MUCH MORE!
How will you use it?!  Are you running to your nearest craft and dollar store?!