Election Language Activities!

I was searching online today for vocabulary/language ideas for the upcoming election. Many of my students are discussing the election in social studies.  I was not thrilled with what I saw out there.  It did not seem to address my specific skills/needs of my students in terms of speech & language.  Therefore, I created my own!

This activity pack is general and does not touch on specifics so it can be used again in 4 years!
In this file:

A KWL chart to assess prior knowledge and review concepts after.
List of vocabulary words to use to assess with KWL chart. 
Vocabulary Card Game: Sentences are provided with election vocabulary underlined.  Students must select a synonym from the choices provided.  Each card has a point value.  Once all cards are used, students can count their points to determine a winner!
Vocabulary Review Matching Worksheet:
Reading/Listening Comprehension:
"Running For Class President": An original story written by myself, Miss Speechie, which incorporates the vocabulary practiced.

A graphic organizer is provided to assist students in note-taking and recalling important details.
Comprehension task cards are provided to assess comprehension of the story.  Use these cards with any motivating game or activity. 
You can grab this activity at my TpT store!

I created a fun freebie board game that can be used with my comprehension task cards or any other election themed stimuli!  This freebie is available by clicking here!