DIY: Simple Leather iPod Touch/iPhone Case



[jsimicase7.jpg]
The template is for using with heavy material such as repurposed purse leather like I use. Don’t use heavier leather or any material that cannot be doubled and run through your machine.


instructions after the jump






Although I haven’t tried it, I imagine heavy wool felt would work very nice. A leather case can be plain or customized using graphics printed to iron-on transfer sheets for dark T-shirts. You may or may not want to add an optional loop for attaching fob hardware or tucking earphone cords into.Begin by trimming out the leather pieces based on the free PDF template pattern (Click on template for download.) If you’re good with design software, you can use the template shapes to mask a design for your iron-on transfers.
With your sewing machine on it’s slowest speed (I used the up down button on mine to go extra slow on the curves,) stitch the top area of the short front piece. I pulled the end threads through to the other side to hand knot.If you are adding a loop, stitch that to the longer back piece before joining front and back pieces.Finally, stitch a seam all around the two pieces, including the top area of the long back piece, careful to follow the seam allowance shown in the template for the best fit.
Here is the case I made for Sarah using her Vintage Monogram and free digital ornate book cover image.
For Jamie’s case, I modified vintage baseball images from Xander Graphic’s Etsy shop and added her name in the design.
Then I had some fun making two other iPeople cases with my free vintage group photo images and free digital vintage labels. And, feeling a bit gifty, I’m giving those two away! Wouldn’t one look fabulous with your name Sharpie’d on the label?So if you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone and need a case, or know someone who does, leave a comment that you are entering, and be sure there is a way for me to contact you by email if you win. Entries close end of 12/23 and I will draw the winner on Christmas Eve.In the meantime, if you’d like to make a people case yourself, here’s the free PDF download for those!For more tutorials and instruction on transferring images to leather, click HERE.

thanks to just something i made.